Below is our finished music video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Friday 15 September 2017

R+P Post 2: Myself as a music consumer

I love listening to music and would definitely consider myself an avid music consumer. I often listen to music on my phone whilst I am travelling (usually to school) and whilst I and relaxing or working at home. Personally, I find music to be an escape for the normal work day as you can place yourself as the artist singing the song and thus make their story, your story.

Most of the music on my phone has been downloaded from YouTube as on the bus to school offline music is my only way to listen, thus making Spotify an unviable option. However, when I am at home I will often use online YouTube, where I can then make use of the auto play function which introduces me to new songs which are similar in genre/style to those I am already listening too. In addition to YouTube, I do actually use films to show me new music, for example I was introduced to a great song by Fall Out Boy called 'my songs know what you did in the dark' from watching the film 'Percy Jackson- The Sea Of Monsters'. 

As I have got older my music taste had roughly stayed the same which more chill tracks, such as the ones shown below, being my preference:


Childhood:



In my childhood, 'Apologize' by OneRepublic and Timbaland was one of my favourite tracks. I would repeatedly play this song on my computer whilst relaxing at home. Even though I was at an age of around 7 at the time and therefore could not personally relate to the lyrics I still felt a connection to the song; this mostly was down to its chilled beat at great vocals which at the time was definitely not the norm, with more hype songs such as 'TGIF' by Katy perry being my classmates' favourites.

Early teens:



In my early teens, 'Grenade' was among a multitude of Bruno Mars songs which I repeatedly listen to when we I had access to a platform of music. Bruno Mars is one of my most inspirational artists as what he speaks away in songs is a lot more personal an enriching that the majority of pop songs which are a lot more sexualised. Even though I admired nearly all of his songs at the time, 'Grenade' really stuck out to me due to its intense bridge which starkly contrasts the verses in the song. Moreover as I was roughly 11 at the time I had just left primary school where, as a member of the school choir, sang and rehearsed this song in preparation for a concern to the rest of the school; this in turn made the song one of the most played to me at the time and was probably one of the reasons it stuck with me the most.

Now:



In contrast to that of the songs I listened to in the past, Raleigh Ritchie's 'Stronger Than Ever' has a more personal meaning. As school has become more tedious and demanding as the years went by, this song has helped me through, as it's wonderfully written lyrics help push me through the day. The meaning of the song is about a person struggling with mental health issues and thus is telling themselves that they have to be strong to get through. I believe that this song is very unique in that sense as it talks about issues which society does not really talk about. Although I do not take the mental health message as the reason I listen to the song, I still feel this to be my favorite song.

Conclusion:

Through completing this activity I have learnt that music taste is constantly changing for everyone and in turn the industry must change with them. Overall, by analyzing and discussing my own taste in music and how it has changed from my childhood to my teens and to now, I believe I have a greater understanding of how the industry works and I will in turn take this forward with me into the project as it will help me when thinking how to create and market my artist so he can be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment